You’ll love this light galette topped with slices of juicy plums and crisp almonds.
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
1 tablespoon plain flour plus extra for dusting
500g block shortcrust pastry
40g flaked almonds
40g caster sugar
4 small plums, destoned and sliced
1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
1⁄2 teaspoon icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and dust your work surface with plain flour. Shape half of the block of shortcrust pastry into a disc, then roll out into a rough circle to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Use a 25cm plate as a guide to cut out a round of pastry, then put it on the baking tray. Chop half of the almonds then put in a medium bowl. Add the plain flour and 30g of the caster sugar, then toss to combine.
- Scatter the mixture over the centre of the pastry, leaving a 4cm border. In a small bowl, toss the sliced plums with the almond extract. Arrange the plums on top of the almond mixture on the pastry.
- Fold the border of the pastry over the plums, brush with a little water then scatter over the remaining sugar and flaked almonds. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the pastry is golden.
- Cool on the tray for 10 minutes, then serve warm or put on a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with the icing sugar before serving.