This irresistible no-bake cheesecake is so simple to put together and makes a great dessert for a party or special-occasion meal.
Prep 20 mins + chilling
Cook 5 mins
120g low-fat digestive biscuits
2 x 15g packs WW Malt Balls
50g low-fat spread, melted
Calorie-controlled cooking spray
FOR THE FILLING
2 sheets leaf gelatine
180g medium-fat soft cheese
100g half-fat crème fraîche
100g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
40g icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 x 15g packs WW Malt Balls, chilled
5g dark chocolate, shaved
- Put the biscuits into a mini food processor and blitz to a coarse crumb. Add the WW Malt Balls and blitz again to a fine crumb. Tip this into a bowl, add the melted spread and stir to combine.
- Mist a 20cm springform cake tin with cooking spray and line with baking paper. Press the biscuit mixture into the tin and use the back of a spoon to press it into a firm, even base. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water until softened. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the soft cheese, crème fraîche, Greek yogurt and icing sugar. Stir in the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine and put it into a small pan set over a very low heat. Heat gently for just 1-2 minutes, then remove from the heat and whisk in a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture until combined. Add this to the remaining cheesecake mixture and stir until combined. Spoon the filling on to the biscuit base, level the top then chill for at least 3-4 hours until set.
- To decorate, crush one pack of the WW Malt Balls and scatter around the rim of the cheesecake with half of the chocolate. Pile the rest of the WW Malt Balls in the centre of the tart, cutting a few in half beforehand to reveal the malt centres. Finish with the remaining chocolate.
COOK’S TIP Make the cheesecake tart ahead of time but decorate just before serving to ensure the WW Malt Balls remain crisp.