It’s an all-singing, all-dancing extravaganza boasting the biggest stage, the largest cast and the longest chorus line of any West End musical. So who better to showcase the party season’s snazziest shoes and accessories than the glittering stars of 42nd Street?
Clockwise from bottom left: crystal bracelet, £295, St Erasmus, from thefollyboutique.com. diamante double ring, £57, Adore. Diamond-shaped ring, £18 for set of two, Accessorize. cluster rings, £49 each, Adore. Blue amethyst, peridot and diamond ring, £799, H Samuel. Green crystal ring, £216, Mawi, from thefollyboutique.com. Rose gold crystal cuff, £320, Halo & Co, from thefollyboutique.com. diamante double ring, £174, Apples & Figs. Diamond-shaped ring, £18 for set of two, Accessorize. gold and diamante double ring, £85, Swarovski. Red stone bracelet and Green stone bracelet, £116 each, Lolu Rhoda, from thefollyboutique.com. diamante flower ring, £19, Spirit, from Coast. eye ring, £8, Accessorize. Pear shaped ring, £95, Soru Jewellery.
Bags, from left: femme, £265, Zeadora. lips, £295, Lulu Guinness. Cat, £155, Karl Lagerfeld. Stars, £45, Marks & Spencer.
Platforms, clockwise from top: Blue and gold, £140, Ted Baker. Burgundy velvet, £905, Giuseppe Zanotti. Gold glitter, £595, Jimmy Choo. Black and gold, £45, Schuh. Gold, £665, Salvatore Ferragamo. Bronze, £295, LK Bennett. Pale Blue, £75, Aldo. Navy, £315, Maje.
SEQUINS! SPANGLES! SPOTLIGHTS! 42nd Street by numbers
- Costumes in the show 623
- Cast members on stage at one time 54 (the most of any West End musical, on the biggest stage)
- Tap shoes used per show 108
- Quickest outfit change 1 minute 36 seconds
- Lights in the staircase 4,327
- Sequins on each finale costume 2,000
- Acting fashion editor Emily Dawes
- Fashion assistants Joanne Toolan, Stephanie Sofokleous
- Make-up Nicky Weir using Marc Jacobs Beauty
- Nails Cherrie Snow at Eighteen Management using YSL Beauty and Elegant Touch
- Dancers Emma Caffrey, Gabrielle Cocca, Kirsty Fuller, Leah Harris, Kate Ivory Jordan, Emma Johnson, Billie Kay, Jessica Keable, Katy Riches, Zoe Rogers
- Producer Lucy Coghlan
- Thanks to the Cast and Crew of 42nd Street London and to The Grade Linnit Company. A special thank you to Resident Choreographer Simon Adkins, the Wardrobe & Wigs teams, stage management, the automation team and the lighting team at Theatre Royal Drury Lane.
apples & figs, applesandfigs.com
Christian Louboutin, christianlouboutin.com
Giuseppe Zanotti, giuseppezanottidesign.com
Hill & Friends, hillandfriends.com
H Samuel, hsamuel.co.uk
Jimmy Choo, jimmychoo.com
Karl Lagerfeld, karl.com
Kurt Geiger, kurtgeiger.com
LK Bennett, lkbennett.com
Lulu Guinness, luluguinness.com
Malone Souliers, malonesouliers.com
Manolo Blahnik, manoloblahnik.com
Marks & Spencer, marksandspencer.com
Miss Selfridge, missselfridge.com
New Look, newlook.com/uk
River Island, riverisland.com
Roger Vivier, rogervivier.com
Russell & Bromley, russellandbromley.co.uk
Salvatore Ferragamo, ferragamo.com
soru jewellery, sorujewellery.com
Ted Baker, tedbaker.com/uk