If you made the stuffing the night before, stuff the turkey or ball it and bake them on Christmas morning. The pigs in blankets have apricots in the centre.
Sausage stuffing balls
MAKES 16 BALLS
1/2 quantity sausage and chestnut stuffing from Prue’s classic roast turkey recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Lightly oil a baking tray. Using an ice-cream scoop, shape stuffing balls to roughly the size of a golf ball and space out on the baking tray. Bake for 20-22 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking.
Angel pigs in blankets
16 chipolata sausages
16 ready-to-eat dried apricots, soaked in 5 tbsp orange juice overnight
16 rashers of streaky bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Cut each apricot in half and fix the two halves on to each chipolata with a rasher of bacon, wrapping around to bind the apricot.
3. Bake, spaced out on a lightly oiled tray for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Buy Prue’s book with 20% off
Prue: My All-time Favourite Recipes is published by Bluebird, price £25. To order a copy for £20 until 1 December with free p&p, visit mailshop.co.uk or call 01603 648155.
Recipe: Prue Leith. Food styling: Clare Lewis. Styling: Sue Radcliffe