Supermarket ‘fakeaway’ cheats never tasted so good.
TAKES 10-40 minutes (depending on the duck)
2 confit duck legs or 1⁄2 aromatic crispy duck
350g straight-to-wok egg noodles
300g tin clementine or mandarin segments
50g soft salad leaves – pea shoots, lamb’s lettuce, baby spinach, or a mixture
1⁄2 cucumber, deseeded and sliced into half-moons
Sharing bag of prawn crackers
FOR THE DRESSING
1 tbsp of the juice from the tinned clementine or mandarin segments
100ml hoisin sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Cook the duck following the packet instructions.
- Cook the noodles following the packet instructions then drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Drain the tinned fruit over a bowl to catch the juices. Put the tablespoon of juice into a jug with the hoisin sauce and rice vinegar. Season with pepper and whisk together. Stir the dressing through the noodles.
- When the duck is cool enough to handle, shred the meat from the bones in bitesize chunks. You can discard the skin, or shred the crispy bits to use in the salad, too.
- Use your biggest platter to build the dish, layering the dressed noodles and handfuls of leaves with the duck meat, citrus segments and cucumber.
- Crunch a couple of handfuls of prawn crackers over the top, and serve the rest on the side.
Now buy the book!
Our recipes are from Pimp Your Noodles by Sarah Cook, which is published by Seven Dials, price £9.99. To order a copy for £8.49 until 7 March, go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free p&p on orders over £15.