There are few ingredients required for this baked feta dish but each of them has impact. The colours, too, are bright and beautiful.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Calories per portion 505
70g sun-dried tomatoes, plus 1 tbsp oil from the jar
20g capers, drained
30g fresh flat-leaf parsley
6 red Romano peppers (about 500g), halved, deseeded and sliced
2 x 200g blocks feta, halved
40g spinach and 40g rocket
4 wholemeal pitta breads, lightly toasted
freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes, capers and parsley together to a rough paste.
3. Place the red Romano peppers in a medium baking dish, cover with the paste and add the tablespoon of oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes. Toss to coat the peppers, season and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
4. Carefully remove the dish from the oven, place the feta on top of the peppers, season with pepper and bake for a further 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, toss the spinach and rocket together.
6. Divide the leaves, peppers and baked feta between four plates and serve with the pitta breads.
We strongly advise consulting your doctor before embarking on any diet plan. You should also discuss your medication if necessary. The Life Without Diabetes eating plan is not suitable if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or underweight.
Buy the book with 20 per cent off
Life Without Diabetes by Professor Roy Taylor is published by Short Books, price £9.99. To order a copy for £7.99, with free p&p, until 25 January, call 01603 648155 or go to mailshop.co.uk.
© Roy Taylor 2020. Recipes created by: participants on the diabetes reversal trial, Kathryn Bruton, Alison Barnes. Food styling: Clare Lewis. Styling: Sue Radcliffe.