A second helping of the quick-cook, delicious and healthy meals that the Body Coach serves up for his own young family to enjoy.
SERVES 2 ADULTS + 2 SMALL KIDS
PREPARE: 5 MINUTES
COOK: 15 MINUTES
3 nests of dried egg noodles
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 tsp cornflour
1⁄2 tsp salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
300g firm tofu, patted dry and cut into bite-sized cubes
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
6 baby corn, each sliced into 3 pieces
200g sugar snap peas, halved
200g radishes, cut into 5mm-thick slices
FOR THE SAUCE
5 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp tomato purée
3 tsp honey
Juice of 1⁄2 lime
70g toasted cashews, roughly chopped
Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Cook the noodles in a medium saucepan of boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Fill your kettle and bring to the boil. Drain the noodles in a colander over the sink, then pour the kettleful of hot water over the noodles to remove any starch and stop them from sticking.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix the Chinese five spice, cornflour and salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl and toss the cubes of tofu in this mixture to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a wok over a medium heat and toss in the tofu, ginger and garlic pastes. Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and keep to one side.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the wok, turn up the heat and throw in the vegetables. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until coloured but the vegetables still retain some bite.
- Return the tofu to the wok along with the cooked noodles and move everything around in the wok to heat through a little.
- Spoon the noodles and vegetables on to a large serving platter and drizzle over the sauce, tossing it through the noodles and vegetables. Sprinkle with the chopped cashews and coriander.
Love the recipes? Now buy the book
Our recipes are from Joe’s Family Food by Joe Wicks, which will be published by Bluebird on 10 June, price £20. To pre-order a copy for £17 until 14 June go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free p&p on orders over £20.