A second helping of the quick-cook, delicious and healthy meals that the Body Coach serves up for his own young family to enjoy.
MAKES 15 SERVINGS
PREPARE: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 35 MINUTES
2 ripe pears, cored and roughly chopped (no need to peel)
60ml maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
60ml coconut oil, melted
400g porridge oats
70g pumpkin seeds
70g sunflower seeds
150g blanched almonds
100g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place the pears, maple syrup or honey, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and coconut oil in a blender and blend until perfectly smooth.
- Place the oats, seeds and almonds in a mixing bowl. Pour in the pear mixture and stir to coat. The mixture will be quite wet and the oats will form clumps. Get your little ones to help with this.
- Tip the mixture on to the lined baking trays, spreading it out into a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then shuffle the mixture on the tray to help it brown evenly and place it back in the oven for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown and toasted.
- Remove from the oven and mix the cranberries into the granola. Leave to cool, then tip into an airtight container.
Love the recipes? Now buy the book
Our recipes are from Joe’s Family Food by Joe Wicks, which will be published by Bluebird on 10 June, price £20. To pre-order a copy for £17 until 14 June go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free p&p on orders over £20.