Keep being adventurous with added spices and textures if you want to grow your very own little foodie.
MAKES 1 ADULT AND 1 CHILD PORTION
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
250g pouch of cooked brown or white rice
1 ripe beef tomato, diced
juice of 1 lime, plus slices of lime to serve (optional)
200g tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
80g tin of sweetcorn
small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
1 small avocado, plus extra slices to serve (optional)
dollop of yogurt, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the onion, garlic, cumin and smoked paprika. Sauté for a couple of minutes until soft.
2. Microwave the rice according to the packet instructions and add to the frying pan along with the remaining ingredients except the avocado, cheese and yogurt.
3. Peel the avocado, remove the flesh, then mash with a fork in a small bowl.
4. Serve the rice mixture with the avocado, a sprinkling of cheese and some yogurt. Add another few slices of avocado if you like.
5. This will keep for up to two days covered in the fridge.
Love the recipes? Now buy the book!
Wean in 15 by Joe Wicks will be published by Bluebird on 14 May, price £16.99