So why not swap the flowers for one of my top ten specially chosen treats?
1. Guerlain Mon Guerlain Sparkling Bouquet Eau de Parfum, £79, guerlain.com. This version of the modern classic with a floral fragrance of lavender, vanilla and jasmine has the addition of a sparkling and fruity pear note.
2. Le Lion de Chanel Les Exclusifs Eau de Parfum, £155, chanel.com. This latest launch from the haute perfume line at Chanel is truly sumptuous and sultry. I think of it as a baroque creation – sparkling gold, full of drama and bold expression – though it’s officially inspired by Gabrielle Chanel’s Leo star sign. Notes of patchouli, vanilla, bergamot and lemon.
3. Scamp and Dude Make-up Bag, £25, scampanddude.com. This vibrant leopard print is fun and the wipe-clean interior is refreshingly practical. Great storage whether for on the move or just to keep the bathroom organised.
4. Odacité Mood Cleansing Ayurvedic Bath Soak, £22, cultbeauty.co.uk. This fancy soak (no bubbles) with Himalayan crystal salt, grapefruit and lemongrass is a great way to relax at the end of the day.
5. Oliviere Wilson Cryo Ice Sticks, £90, olivierewilson.com. Ergonomically designed tools to massage and sculpt the face, neck and body, which can be frozen for an extra circulatory boost. This stainless steel design has a cult following.
6. By Terry Hyaluronic Global Face Cream, £60, byterry.com. A super-hydrator with eight hyaluronic acids (HAs). HA attracts and holds water in the skin, but differently sized molecules can penetrate and plump skin at various levels – so, since this has eight of them, it’s very effective. Skin feels and looks plumper, fresher and the appearance of some lines can be reduced. It also contains niacinamide to help even skin tone and phytosqualane to boost collagen.
7. Nailberry L’Oxygéné Oxygenated Nail Lacquer in Raspberry, £15, nailberry.co.uk. A charming, deep pinky-red berry shade of polish for spring. It gives a good shiny finish and has a breathable formula for better nail health.
8. Keys Soulcare Obsidian Face Roller, £25, cultbeauty.co.uk. This face roller, from a range founded by singer Alicia Keys, stays refreshingly cool to the touch and is a nice alternative to rose quartz and jade options.
9. Crabtree & Evelyn Evelyn Rose Petal Soft Lip Balm, £14.50, crabtree-evelyn.co.uk. Thank Mum very much for all of those kisses with this nourishing balm. It has rosehip oil to moisturise and gently exfoliate, with a very delicate hint of a rosy shade and a fresh minty smell.
10. Bloom & Blossom Pyjamarama Dry Body Oil, £22, bloomandblossom.com. This absorbs pretty quickly and, with frankincense to help calm the mind, is especially good as part of a bedtime ritual. @edwinaingschambers
Beauty assistant: Alice Robertson