Light, lemony and so easy to bake, Donna Hay’s coconut yoghurt cake will have you and your family fighting over the last slice.
2 medium eggs
180ml light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
280g natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
110g caster sugar
80g desiccated coconut
225g white spelt flour
3 tsp baking powder
FOR THE COCONUT GLAZE
1½ tbsp coconut cream
75g white granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 2. Grease a 22cm round (2-litre capacity) nonstick bundt tin.
2. Break the eggs into a big bowl. Add the oil, yoghurt, lemon juice, sugar and honey and mix well with a whisk. Add the coconut, flour and baking powder and whisk to combine.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the bowl with a spatula, and bake for 40-45 minutes or
until cooked when tested with a skewer. Wearing oven gloves, remove the cake from the oven. Allow it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
4. To make the coconut glaze, place the coconut cream and sugar in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon until just combined (try not to overmix it).
5. Carefully flip the cake (it will still be quite hot) on to a cake stand or serving plate. Spoon the glaze over right away and let the sugar crystallise. Slice to serve.
SAVE 25 PER CENT ON DONNA’S NEW BOOK
Basics to Brilliance Kids by Donna Hay is published by Fourth Estate, price £20. To order a copy for £15 until 1 July, visit mailshop.co.uk/books or call 0844 571 0640; p&p is free on orders over £15.