This Creme Egg chocolate roulade has creme eggs in both its filling and icing – the ultimate bake for any fan.
Prep time 30 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
FOR THE SPONGE
175g caster sugar
175g plain chocolate, melted and cooled
FOR THE FILLING
250ml double cream
2 Creme Eggs
FOR THE DRIZZLE
25ml double cream
1 Creme Egg
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and grease and base line a 20cm x 30cm swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
2. For the sponge, put the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl and with a hand held mixer whisk for around 5 minutes until the mix becomes very pale and thick and leaves a ribbon like trail when you lift the mixer from the bowl. Gently fold the cooled chocolate into the mix then spoon into the prepared tin, spread it right to the corners smoothing the top as you go and bake in the oven until firm to the touch and starting to shrink away from the edges. Remove from the oven, cover with a clean tea towel and place on a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin.
3. Make the chocolate drizzle by heating the cream and the chopped Creme Egg in small pan until the eggs start to melt and the mix begins to bubble. Remove from the heat, whisk until smooth and pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
4. Whip the cream for the filling in a large mixing bowl until you have soft peaks, then gently fold in the remaining 2 Creme Eggs, chopped into small pieces.
5. Turn the cooled sponge onto a sheet of baking parchment, spread the whipped cream over, leaving a 1 cm gap at the edges. Starting from a short edge roll the sponge up using the sheet of baking parchment to help you. Place on a serving plate with the fold at the base and drizzle with the chocolate sauce.
6. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe extracted from the Cadbury Creme Egg Cookbook, £9.99, in stores nationwide