If self care is (quite rightly) high on your agenda this winter, what better way to look after yourself than a weekend of pampering and relaxation at one of the best UK spas?
While we do love the festive period and all that comes with it, we’ll be the first to admit that it can leave you down and drained come January – which is why this is an excellent time of year to pack your comfiest pyjamas and swimming costume and head to a top-notch spa for a well-deserved break.
Although spa breaks aren’t always the most purse-friendly when it comes to weekends away, when you find a good one, they are a luxury worth spending your hard-earned cash on. And to help ensure that no penny is wasted, the Good Spa Guide has released its annual list of the best spas in the UK.
The expert website compiled the list by asking customers for their top picks of the best day spas, country retreats and urban escapes as well as other categories, before ranking them depending on the experience you’re after.
It may surprise you to learn that no spas in London made it onto the list – but finding a tranquil atmosphere within the hustle and bustle of hectic city life in the capital is perhaps the toughest task of all.
Instead, the list was made up of spa offerings in the north, south and the midlands. Which one is next on your to-visit list?
The 9 best UK spas for 2019
- Best Country Retreat Spa – Champneys Forest Mere, Hampshire
- Best Day Spa – The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, Lancashire
- Best Boutique Spa – Stanley House Hotel and Spa, Lancashire
- Best Destination Spa – Aqua Sana Sherwood Forest, Derbyshire
- Best Spa for Customer Service – Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall, Co Durham
- Best Spa for Wellness – Rockliffe Hall, Co Durham
- Best Urban Spa – The Spa at The Midland, Manchester
- Best Health Club Spa – The Mere Golf Resort & Spa, Cheshire
- Best New Spa – The Spa at South Lodge, West Sussex
Caitlin Dalton, Editor at The Good Spa Guide, said: ‘We’re delighted to highlight and reward UK spa industry excellence through our awards. This year there’s been some incredible new and refurbished spas and facilities, showcasing the finest technology, design, materials and planning.
‘The results are the latest word in luxury for an audience that is increasingly seeking relaxation and an escape from everyday life.
‘We’ve been really struck this year by the smaller spas that offer a more bespoke, quirky and private experience. They deserve particular praise for their creativity and flexibility.’