The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off is just around the corner and yes, we’re very much excited.
— Paul Hollywood (@PaulHollywood) February 24, 2019
This year, the special five-part series which sees a group of celebrities battle it out in the kitchen to be crowned Star Baker, includes a great line-up. From TV actors and comedians to MPs and rappers, it already sounds like one to remember.
As always, the show will be hosted by the Great British Bake Off duo Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith, while Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig will also be back in the tent to help make the tough decisions each week.
Take 20 brave celebrities.
Add one Bake Off tent.
Sprinkle liberally with catastrophe and mayhem.
Serve and enjoy.
The Great Stand Up To Cancer Bake Off. Starts Tuesday 5th March at 8pm on @Channel4. #GBBO pic.twitter.com/WNIoymKbkv
— British Bake Off (@BritishBakeOff) February 21, 2019
The show will kick off on Channel 4 from Tuesday 5 March at 8pm and judging by the official trailer which was released on Twitter last week, the contestants are nervous to say the least.
Among those putting their baking skills to the test are Our Girl’s Michelle Keegan, former Newsnight presenter Jeremy Paxman, The Crown‘s Winston Churchill actor John Lithgow and Love Island and this week’s YOU magazine cover star, Caroline Flack.
See the full line up:
- Russell Brand (comedian)
- Jeremy Paxman (University Challenge and former Newsnight presenter)
- John Lithgow (The Crown)
- Michelle Keegan (Our Girl)
- Rylan Clark-Neal (This Morning and Big Brother presenter)
- Krishnan Guru-Murthy (Channel 4 News presenter)
- Caroline Flack (Love Island presenter)
- Russell Tovey (Being Human, Him & Her)
- Jon Richardson (comedian)
- Sally Lindsay (Coronation Street and Still Open All Hours)
- Greg Wise (The Crown)
- Jess Phillips (Labour MP)
- James Acaster (Comedian)
- Big Narstie (Rapper)
- Nicola Adams (Boxer)
- Katarina Johnson-Thompson (Olympic heptathlete)
- Hannah Cockroft (Paralympic wheelchair racer)
- Joe Wilkinson (comedian)
- Johnny Vegas (comedian)
- Georgia Toffolo (I’m a Celebrity winner)
Who's ready to meet the first batch of bakers?@JohnLithgow, @HCDream2012, @RonJichardson and @RustyRockets take over the tent for the first of five #GBBO specials.
The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off. Tuesday 5th March. 8pm. @Channel4. pic.twitter.com/yKcBBgWdxT
— British Bake Off (@BritishBakeOff) February 26, 2019
The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off, which is in aid of Stand Up to Cancer, will follow the same format as the original show, with contestants going through fifteen different challenges before a winner is chosen in the finale.