PREP: 15 MINUTES
COOK: 20 MINUTES
400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
20g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 lime, juice only
2 tsp sea salt flakes
3 tbsp olive oil
225g paneer, cut into 2.5cm cubes
150g green beans
1 heaped tbsp harissa
Yogurt and flatbreads, to serve
- Mix the chickpeas with the coriander, lime juice, 1 tsp sea salt flakes and 1 tbsp olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed, then cover and set aside.
- Tip the paneer and green beans into a large bowl with the harissa, the remaining 1 tsp sea salt flakes and the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, and mix well. Set aside until you’re ready to barbecue.
- Once your coals are good and hot, griddle the green beans for a few minutes on each side until charred and cooked through, then set them aside.
- Repeat with the paneer until crisp and charred – don’t let it cook for too long, or you’ll lose the softness of the inside.
- Put the paneer back into the bowl with the leftover marinade and gently stir it through to coat. Pile the green beans, paneer and marinated chickpeas on to a platter, and serve with yogurt and flatbreads.
Now buy the book
Our recipes are from The Green Barbecue by Rukmini Iyer, published by Square Peg, price £17.99. To order a copy for £15.29 until 9 May call 020 3308 9193 or go to mailshop.co.uk/books. Free p&p on orders over £20. Rukmini has donated her fee for this extract to Refuge.