LENNIE Jessie likes to add a red chilli to the breadcrumbs and coriander in this salmon with ginger and coriander crumb; I don’t like heat so I always leave it out, but it’s delicious either way. Serve with a nice green salad – rocket, spinach and watercress would be good – and small new potatoes.
small side of salmon (about 800g) or 4 individual pieces, skin on
8cm fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
3 spring onions, finely chopped
85g dried panko breadcrumbs
about 25g fresh coriander, chopped
1 red chilli, seeded and finely diced (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Rinse the salmon and dry with kitchen paper. Place it skin-side down in a baking tin and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread the ginger and spring onions evenly over the salmon.
4. Stir the breadcrumbs together with the coriander, chilli, if using, and olive oil then spread the mixture evenly over the salmon, pressing gently.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden.
6. Serve the salmon with ginger and coriander crumb immediately.