One-pot wonders are my absolute favourite since having my son Rudy, two. Chuck everything in and wait for the goods. Minimal effort, maximum gains. You can use this recipe for chicken as well – simply adjust the timings. Serve with a salad, quinoa or rice.
PREP 10 MINUTES
COOK 20 MINUTES
½ red onion
1 small sweet potato
2 salmon fillets
150g baby vine tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp tamari sauce
½ tsp nigella seeds
salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Slice the onion and sweet potato very thinly. If you have one, you could use a mandoline, or even just a peeler.
3. Spread the sweet potato slices over a large ovenproof dish then place the salmon on the top.
4. Spread the tomatoes and onion around the salmon and over the potato. Pour the olive oil over the salmon then sprinkle over the ground coriander and ginger.
5. Drizzle the tamari and sprinkle the nigella seeds and some seasoning over the salmon and potatoes, then pour the water into the dish.
6. Put the dish into the oven to bake for 20 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
Our recipes are from Family Kitchen: Simple Healthy Meals for Everyone by Natasha Corrett, which will be published by Mums Know Best on 13 August, price £25, and is available from Amazon and Waterstones.