Along with Zoom quizzes and long walks, food is what’s getting many of us through lockdown. We’ve been cooking and baking more than ever, to the point now that some of us are starting to get a bit of kitchen burn out. While it’s been fun to experiment with new recipes and different cuisines, it’s about time we gave ourselves the night off. But with restaurants still firmly closed, options for takeout food are limited.
Luckily, M&S has come to the rescue with its launch of prepared-meal food boxes. Delivering direct to your door, chose from one of two feast-worthy options.
The first box is the Indian Takeaway Big Night Box, the ideal Friday night fakeaway treat for the whole family. M&S say it’s good for a family of four, but we’re sure this feast-sized box could certainly stretch further. For £35, included in your box is:
- 1 x Butter Chicken, serves 2
- 1 x Chicken Jalfrezi, serves 2
- 1 x Chicken Tikka, serves 2
- 1 x Prawn Bhuna, serves 2
- 4 x Naan Breads (2 packs of 2)
- 8 x Onion Bhajis (2 packs of 4)
- 2 x Pilau Rice
- 1 x Tarka Dahl
- 1 x Bombay Aloo
The second option is a £40 Classic Meal Box, which would be perfect for stocking up the freezer with for those lazy midweek evenings when cooking is the last thing on your mind.
It contains eight classically British complete meals plus four shareable-sized sides, including:
- 1 x Cottage Pie
- 1 x Shepherds Pie
- 1 x Bangers & Mash Meal
- 1 x Braised Steak Meal
- 1 x Cod in Parsley Sauce Meal
- 1 X Chicken in Red Wine Meal
- 1 x Beef Casserole, with Dumplings
- 1 x Chicken Casserole with Dumplings
- 1 x Ultimate Mash Potato, serves 2
- 1 x Carrot & Swede Crush, serves 2
- 1 x Red Cabbage, serves 2
- 1 x Vegetable Bake, serves 2
M&S are committed to making these tough times easier for everyone and their range of food boxes – which also include a delicious Fresh Seasonal Fruit Box, two Seasonal Vegetable Boxes, Mixed Fruit and Vegetable Box, 100% British Meat Box and a Made Without Wheat Box – are ideal for helping customers who aren’t easily able to shop in store at the moment.