Love Percy Pigs? How about Rice Krispie cakes? If you answered yes to both, then M&S just made your day, as the retailer has shared a recipe for Percy Pig crispy bars – the perfect easy-to-make snack for indulging your sweet tooth right now – on its Instagram account.
The recipe, created by London-based food blogger Natalie of @platesoftate, uses just five ingredients that you can pick up in any M&S store, and is so simple that the whole family can get involved with the making, as well as the eating.
View this post on Instagram
Move over banana bread … this weekend we’re making Percy Pig Crispy Bars! 🥰 These bars are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients including our Mini Marshmallows, Percy Pigs and our INCREDIBLE Percy Pig dessert sauce. They’re so delicious and moreish, let us know if you make them! Swipe for the recipe ➡️ 📸 & recipe: @platesoftate • • • #thisisnotjust #mymarksfave #percypig
Percy fans were seriously impressed with the creation, with one writing on Instagram: ‘these look amazing!!!!’ ‘I need to try this – can’t wait to get to M&S and buy some yummy food,’ said another, while a third agreed: ‘these look easy enough for even me to try 😍’.
Want to get involved too? Here are the instructions – no baking required!
Percy Pig crispy bars recipe
250g mini marshmallows
125g Percy Pig dessert sauce
100g Rice Krispies or equivalent rice pop cereal
170g bag Percy Pigs, chopped or torn into small pieces
1. Line a large square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt the butter over a low heat in a large saucepan, stirring until completely melted.
3. Add into the saucepan 200g mini marshmallows, keeping 50g in reserve to decorate, then add the Percy Pig Dessert Sauce.
4. Stir carefully until all completely melted. Take off the heat.
5. Stir in the Rice Krispies until completely covered in the marshmallow mixture.
6. Add in 125g of the chopped or torn Percy Pigs and stir evenly.
7. Carefully press into a baking tin until flat and even.
8. Top with the remaining 50g mini marshmallows and 45g Percy Pig sweets, lightly pressing into the mixture.
9. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
10. Carefully slice into bars with a sharp knife.
However, if you want to get your Percy fix with even less effort, you could also invest in a tub of the recently-launched Percy Pig ice cream, which has all of that signature raspberry and grape Percy Pig flavour in frozen form.
Considering that the temperatures are set to rise even higher, we’ll be keeping a stash in the freezer from hereon out.