This tikka masala, halloumi and chickpea kachumba is a vegetarian meal that packs plenty of protein thanks to the pulses.
1 x 210g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1⁄2 small red onion
1 large ripe tomato
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
juice of 1⁄2 lemon
80g halloumi (1⁄3 pack)
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp tikka masala curry paste
handful of mint leaves
1. Drain the chickpeas in a sieve and rinse well. Leave in the sieve over a bowl to drain off any excess water.
2. Finely chop the red onion. Roughly chop the cucumber and tomato, scrape everything into a serving bowl. Sprinkle in a good pinch of cayenne, salt and pepper. Squeeze in the lemon juice, stir.
3. Cut the halloumi into large cubes. Ping the coconut oil in a large microwaveable bowl to melt. Stir in the tikka masala curry paste then drop in the cubed halloumi and rinsed chickpeas, toss to coat.
4. Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Tip in the tikka masala halloumi and chickpeas. Fry, turning the halloumi with tongs as it browns on each side, for 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
5. Pile the halloumi and chickpeas on top of the kachumba salad. Finish with a scattering of mint.
Buy Joe’s new book with more than £5 off
30 Day Kick Start Plan by Joe Wicks is published by Pan Macmillan, price £18.99. To order a copy for £13.29 until 6 December go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free UK delivery on orders over £15.