This tandoori chicken burger with cucumber raita is great after a workout session, served with a side of crispy sweet potato wedges.
1 medium sweet potato, skin left on, cut into 8 wedges
1 x 200g skinless chicken breast fillet
1 tbsp tandoori curry paste
salt and pepper
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 brioche bun, cut in half
11⁄2 tbsp low-fat Greek yoghurt
big pinch of garam masala
2 leaves of iceberg lettuce
squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp crispy onions – optional
1. Put the sweet potato wedges into a microwaveable bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, cover and zap on high for 6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile place the chicken between two pieces of clingfilm or baking parchment on a chopping board. Using a rolling pin, meat mallet or any other blunt instrument, bash the chicken until it is about 1cm thick all over. Spoon the tandoori curry paste over the chicken breast, rubbing it into the flesh, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Once melted, lay the chicken in the pan, cook for around 4 minutes on each side. While the chicken is cooking, melt the remaining coconut oil in a separate frying pan over a medium to high heat. Carefully uncover the sweet potato wedges, tip out their water and place the wedges in the hot pan. Season. Fry for 3-4 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp. Once nearly cooked, move the wedges to one side of the frying pan and toast the burger bun, cut side down, in the other.
4. Make the raita. Grate the cucumber, squeeze out as much liquid as you can, dump into a small bowl. Add the Greek yoghurt, garam masala, salt and pepper, stir together. Slice the lettuce and squeeze over some lemon juice.
5. Come back to the chicken, which by now will be cooked through. Check by slicing into a thicker part to make sure the meat is white all the way through with no raw pink bits left. Cut the chicken in half.
6. Assemble your burger. Spread half the cucumber raita on to the base of the bun. Place the lettuce on top, followed by the tandoori chicken, remaining raita and crispy onions, if you like. Serve with the sweet potato wedges.
Buy Joe’s new book with more than £5 off
30 Day Kick Start Plan by Joe Wicks is published by Pan Macmillan, price £18.99. To order a copy for £13.29 until 6 December go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free UK delivery on orders over £15.