Sausages are the perfect addition to a spicy shakshuka recipe – this dish is ideal as a weekend brunch.
2 tsp olive oil
2 small pork sausages (140g)
1 tsp ground coriander
salt and pepper
1 fat clove garlic
1 x 400g tin of cherry tomatoes 2 tsp harissa
1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
handful of coriander
1. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil then squeeze the sausages from their skins straight into the pan. Sprinkle in the ground coriander and some seasoning. Fry, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile heat another small frying pan or saucepan over a medium heat. Add the remaining oil. Crush in the garlic clove. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring almost constantly, then chuck in the tin of cherry tomatoes and harissa. Give everything a good mix and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
3. Using the back of your wooden spoon make two indents in the tomato sauce. Crack an egg into each then place a lid on top of the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the whites are cooked and the yolks are still runny.
4. While the eggs are cooking, crumble the feta into a small bowl. Spoon in the Greek yoghurt and mix together.
5. Come back to your sausages, which by now will be cooked through, brown and crisp. Take the pan off the heat.
6. Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, spoon over the crispy sausage, dollop on the feta yoghurt and tear over some coriander. I like to gobble it up straight from the pan.
TIP For big taste, you can’t beat tinned cherry tomatoes. They are a great way of boosting flavours in a dish when you’re cooking.
Buy Joe’s new book with more than £5 off
30 Day Kick Start Plan by Joe Wicks is published by Pan Macmillan, price £18.99. To order a copy for £13.29 until 6 December go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free UK delivery on orders over £15.