A second helping of the quick-cook, delicious and healthy meals that the Body Coach serves up for his own young family to enjoy.
SERVES 2 ADULTS + 2 SMALL KIDS
PREPARE: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 25-30 MINUTES
1 tbsp white or brown miso paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
6 large skinless and boneless chicken thighs
Salt and pepper
FOR THE ASIAN SLAW
250g white cabbage, finely shredded
100g carrot, grated
Handful of radishes, thinly sliced
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
4 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
80g pomegranate seeds
Cooked jasmine rice
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7, and line a baking tray with foil.
- Combine the miso, garlic paste, ginger paste, maple syrup, soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl. Season the chicken with a little salt and massage the marinade into the chicken thighs.
- Put the chicken on the lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and the chicken is golden brown and sticky on the outside.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the slaw. Combine the finely shredded cabbage with the grated carrot, sliced radishes and spring onions in a bowl. Mix together the lime juice and maple syrup, season with salt and pepper and toss through the slaw mix. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve the chicken with the slaw on the side, and some sticky jasmine rice.
Love the recipes? Now buy the book
Our recipes are from Joe’s Family Food by Joe Wicks, which will be published by Bluebird on 10 June, price £20. To pre-order a copy for £17 until 14 June go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free p&p on orders over £20.