You could double the recipe for this manchego, chilli jam and olive frittata and keep the second cooled frittata covered in the fridge for the next day.
1 red onion
salt and pepper
1 tbsp milk
8 pitted mixed olives, roughly chopped
handful of parsley, roughly chopped
1 tbsp chilli jam, plus extra to serve – optional
30g manchego cheese, grated
rocket salad, to serve
1. Preheat the grill to maximum.
2. Finely slice the red onion.
3. Melt the butter in a small nonstick ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Once bubbling, chuck in the sliced onion along with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until the onion is collapsed.
4. Crack the eggs into a jug. Whisk well with a fork until the white and yolk combine, pour in the milk and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk again.
5. Come back to the onion. Scrape the olives and parsley into the pan. Pour in the egg mixture and swirl the pan so that it coats the entire base. Dot in the chilli jam and scatter over the manchego cheese.
6. Cook for 3 minutes until the frittata is mostly set, then slide under the grill for 2-3 minutes until puffed-up and golden. Serve with a rocket salad and more chilli jam, if you like.
Buy Joe’s new book with more than £5 off
30 Day Kick Start Plan by Joe Wicks is published by Pan Macmillan, price £18.99. To order a copy for £13.29 until 6 December go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free UK delivery on orders over £15.