Everyone will love this delicious, easy-to-make and healthy meal that the Body Coach serves up for his own family.
PREPARE: 20 MINUTES
COOK: 25 MINUTES
Olive oil spray
2 large courgettes (about 400g), cut into 1cm-wide batons
2 tbsp cornflour
Salt and pepper
80g panko breadcrumbs
40g parmesan, grated
1 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
1⁄4 tsp garlic granules
2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment and spray evenly with a little olive oil spray.
- Pat the courgette batons dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the cornflour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, oregano and garlic granules and place on another plate.
- Whisk the egg whites a little in a small bowl until foamy.
- Dust the courgette batons in the cornflour then dip in the egg whites and roll in the panko breadcrumbs to evenly coat. Place the courgettes on the prepared baking tray.
- When all the courgette batons are coated, spray the tops with the olive oil spray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Serve straight away.
Love the recipe? Now buy the book
Our recipes are from Joe’s Family Food by Joe Wicks, which will be published by Bluebird on 10 June, price £20. To pre-order a copy for £17 until 14 June go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free p&p on orders over £20.