Halloumi and tomato are a match make in heaven, as this Body Coach BBQ recipe proves. Fresh coriander leaves add an extra punch of flavour.
2 tbsp chipotle paste
1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
225g halloumi, cut into 8 slices
3 tbsp sour cream
3 large vine tomatoes
2 limes, halved
handful of fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
salt and black pepper
4 hard-shell tacos
1. Fire up the barbecue. Mix 1 tablespoon of chipotle paste with the melted coconut oil in a wide shallow bowl. Add the halloumi slices to the bowl and turn them so that both sides get coated in the chipotle mix. Leave to marinate while you get everything else ready for the tacos. Stir the remaining chipotle paste into the sour cream and set to one side.
2. Place the tomatoes on the barbecue along with the lime halves, cut side down. Barbecue both for 3-4 minutes, turning the tomatoes regularly, so that they lightly blacken on all sides. Take the tomatoes and limes off the barbecue and transfer to a chopping board.
3. Roughly chop the charred tomatoes with the coriander leaves. Scrape the mixture into a bowl, squeeze in the juice of one of the lime halves, stir together and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cut the other limes into two wedges.
4. Come back to the halloumi. Put the slices of cheese on the barbecue. Cook for 1 minute on each side until crisp.
5. Assemble your tacos. Fill the tacos with the spiced sour cream, charred tomato salsa and chipotle halloumi slices. Serve with the barbecued lime wedges.
For more new Body Coach recipes
This dish features in Joe’s Veggie BBQ ebook (ten brand-new Lean in 15 recipes; available for free download on Kindle and Apple Books) and Veggie Lean in 15 (£16.99, Bluebird). To order a copy for £13.59 (a 20% discount) until 30 June call 0844 571 0640; p&p is free on orders over £15.