A second helping of the quick-cook, delicious and healthy meals that the Body Coach serves up for his own young family to enjoy.
PREPARE: 15 MINUTES
FREEZE: 4 HOURS
300ml double cream
180ml maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
500g Greek yoghurt
320g frozen black cherries
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- Put the double cream, 100ml of the maple syrup and the vanilla bean paste in a large mixing bowl and whisk with a handheld electric whisk until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Fold in the Greek yoghurt until fully combined and pour into a wide, shallow freezer-safe container. Freeze for 3-4 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Place the frozen black cherries in a food processor with the lemon juice and remaining maple syrup and blitz until smooth. Empty into a bowl and clean the bowl of the food processor.
- Chop the frozen Greek yoghurt into smaller blocks, place in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Tip the blended Greek yoghurt mixture back into the freezer-safe container.
- Using a spoon, ripple the frozen cherry mixture through the frozen Greek yoghurt and place back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until frozen enough to scoop.
- Scoop into cones or bowls to serve.
Love the recipes? Now buy the book
Our recipes are from Joe’s Family Food by Joe Wicks, which will be published by Bluebird on 10 June, price £20. To pre-order a copy for £17 until 14 June go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free p&p on orders over £20.