Buying ready-picked white crab meat is such a good cheat here, and makes it easy to put these tacos together in minutes. The only cooking you need to do is warming up the tacos! I love the combination of sweet crab with hot, aromatic harissa, but you can use any chilli paste or hot sauce you like to get a kick, or leave it out altogether if you don’t like the heat; the tacos will still be delicious.
200g white crab meat
4 tbsp creme fraiche
1 little gem lettuce
Zest and juice of 1 lime
Small handful of coriander leaves
2 spring onions
4 x 20cm soft corn tacos
2 1/2 tbsp harissa paste
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lime wedges, to serve
- Put the crab meat into a bowl and add the creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shred the lettuce leaves and place in a salad bowl. Dress with the lime zest and juice, then sprinkle over half the coriander leaves. Slice the spring onions on the diagonal and add to the salad. Toss well.
- Finely slice the radishes using a mandoline or very sharp knife.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and, when hot, warm the tacos for a few seconds, one at a time.
- Spread some harissa paste in the centre of each taco, then place a spoonful of the salad on top, followed by a spoonful of the crab mixture. Top with the sliced radishes and remaining coriander, then fold and serve with lime wedges on the side.
Now buy Gordon’s book
Ramsay in 10 by Gordon Ramsay will be published by Hodder & Stoughton on 14 October, priced £25. To preorder a copy for £21.25 until 17 October, go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free UK delivery on orders over £20.