A little lunch (or brunch) idea that I make on repeat.
4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (or lemon thyme, if possible)
1 tbsp brown rice miso
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
8 portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
100g baby leaf spinach, washed and drained
4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
Squeeze of lemon juice
Small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, spring onion, thyme, miso and olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the mushrooms and spinach on a baking tray, spread them out, then pour over the miso mixture and use your hands to give everything a good mix.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Drizzle each piece of toast with a little extra virgin olive oil, then top with the mushrooms and spinach, making sure you drizzle over any cooking juices. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and scatter over the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Now buy the book
How To Go Plant-Based by Ella Mills will be published by Yellow Kite on 18 August, price £26. To pre-order a copy for £22.10 with free UK delivery until 21 August, go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3176 2937.