Cookie dough is like a little chef’s treat as you bake. But raw eggs and flour aren’t the best things for us to consume. So these are made without eggs and the flour baked for 5 minutes so you can enjoy them worry-free.
85g plain flour
50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
85g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp milk (any type)
75g mini chocolate chips
100g milk or dark chocolate for coating, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Place the flour on a rimmed baking tray and bake for 5 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla bean paste then mix briefly to combine. Add the flour and salt and mix to form a dough. Finish by adding the milk and chocolate chips, mixing through until evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough into ten roughly equal pieces then roll them into egg shapes. Place them on a parchment-lined baking tray then refrigerate for a couple of hours or until firm.
- To decorate, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate to fully coat. Lift them from the chocolate using a fork, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl, then place back on the parchment. Once all the truffles have been dipped, drizzle the remaining chocolate over the truffles for decoration.
- Store in the fridge where they will keep for up to three days.
Follow Edd of Instagram and TikTok @theboywhobakes.