This one-pan vegetable lasagne is a fab meat-free version of the comfort food favourite – without all the pots and pans to wash up!
2 tbsp olive oil
2 small onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 courgettes, chopped
250g cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes
200g baby spinach
400g fresh pasta sheets, sliced into strips
handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
80g parmesan cheese, grated
2 x 125g mozzarella balls, sliced
1. Heat the oil in a deep, ovenproof sauté pan. Add the onions and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook for a minute more.
2. Add the courgettes and mushrooms, increase the heat and fry for about 5 minutes until they are lightly browned.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, plus 400ml boiling water then season well with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
4. Preheat the grill to high. Stir the spinach and pasta strips into the pan and, once the spinach has wilted, stir in the basil, two-thirds of the parmesan and half the mozzarella.
5. Scatter the rest of the cheese over the top and put under the grill for 3-5 minutes until bubbling and oozingly melty.
COOK’S TIP Make it veggie: swap the parmesan for a vegetarian alternative.
Buy the book with 20 per cent off
All these great recipes are from Irish food writer and TV presenter Donal Skehan’s new cookbook, Super Food in Minutes, which is published by Hodder & Stoughton, price £25. As well as 90 brilliant, easy dishes, all ready in less than 30 minutes, it includes meal plans and nutrition counts. To order a copy for £20 until 22 September, call 0844 571 0640; p&p is free on orders over £15. Follow Donal on YouTube/donalskehan and at donalskehan.com.