Last Easter, Cadbury spoiled us with the Cadbury Creme Egg Cookbook and now they’re back with the new Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookbook featuring 60 eggs-quisite recipes. Here, Cadbury shares their exclusive Mini Eggs Bunny Cupcakes recipe so you can have a cracking Easter.
PREP TIME 30 MINS
COOKING TIME 15–20 MINS
200g butter, softened
200g caster sugar
3 medium free-range eggs
200g self-raising flour
50g cocoa powder
150g natural low-fat yoghurt
12 Cadbury Mini Eggs
200g ready-made white fondant icing
A few drops of brown food colouring
For the buttercream
75g butter, softened
150g icing sugar
40g desiccated coconut
A few drops of green food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Place 16 paper muffin cases in two muffin tins.
- Using an electric hand mixer or a food mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until they are light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix in gently. Add the yoghurt and mix until everything is smooth and combined.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes until they are well risen and a thin skewer inserted into a cake comes out clean. Cool them on a wire rack.
- Cut a shallow cone-shaped piece out of the centre of each cake and place a mini egg in the hollow. Trim the pointed ends of the cones and use them to cover each mini egg.
- To make the buttercream beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until they are smooth and spread the mixture over the cupcakes to cover the tops.
- Place the coconut in a small sealable bag with 2–3 drops of green food colouring and shake well until the coconut is evenly coloured. Sprinkle it over the buttercream to resemble grass.
- Take three-quarters of the fondant icing and divide it into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball and place one in the centre of each cake. Divide the remaining fondant into 16 pieces and shape them into tiny balls. Place one on top of each larger ball to make the bunnies’ tails, so they look as though they are burrowing into the cakes.
- Store the cakes in an airtight container for up to three days.
The Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookbook is available on Amazon for £9.99 here.