If we made a list of our top dream jobs, chocolate tasting would certainly be up there. And now, thanks to Cadbury, it looks like that dream could very well become a reality.
The British confectionery giant is currently hiring people to taste its chocolate and while many (including us) would do it for free, they’re offering an attractive salary of £10.75 an hour. Not bad, eh?
The company is after four professional taste-testers to try out all of their exciting new chocolate products before they hit the shelves in 150 retailers worldwide. So, what exactly does one need to do to land the job of a lifetime?
Well, according to the official job description advertised by Mondelez International, the company that owns Cadbury, Oreo, Milka and Green & Blacks, there’s a clear set of expectations for potential candidates.
All successful applicants must be able to do the following:
- Be able to taste chocolate and cocoa beverage products and give objective and honest feedback
- Work within a team of panellists to share opinions and collaborate to reach an agreement on taste
- Use a clearly defined vocabulary to describe products and aid in the discrimination between products
- Be consistent in the results given
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct
Unfortunately, the role isn’t a full time so we wouldn’t suggest quitting the day job just yet. However, it could be an excellent side hustle for all of you chocolate lovers out there.
While the part-time role doesn’t exactly require any specific qualifications, Cadbury do ask that all successful applicants have a genuine passion for confectionary and taste buds for detection, honesty when it comes to giving an opinion, an eagerness to try new, inventive products, a communicative personality to build great relationships with your panel and a firm grasp of the English language.
Sound like you? Then go ahead and submit your application before they close on 8 March.