Bored by yet another rushed sandwich? Bill Granger, the man behind the legendary Granger & Co restaurants, has turned lunch into the most delicious dish of the day.
This all-in-one carbs and veggies dish has a simple flavour profile that makes it perfect for lunch, or to serve with fish or chicken for dinner.
200g peas, fresh or frozen
200g broad beans, fresh or frozen (skins removed if fresh)
125ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
1 large handful basil leaves
1 handful mint leaves
400g rigatoni pasta
Freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, to serve
- Cook the peas and broad beans in boiling salted water for 4 minutes, or until quite soft.
- Drain, refresh under cold water and tip into a large bowl.
- Crush the peas and beans with a potato masher or the back of a fork and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, basil and mint.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, following the packet instructions. Drain and toss with the peas and beans.
- Serve immediately, with spoonfuls of ricotta and a good grating of pecorino and black pepper.
Now buy the book!
Our recipes are from Australian Food by Bill Granger, published by Murdoch Books, price £20. To order a copy for £17.60 until 14 March, go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free p&p on orders over £20.