The new floral fragrances are more dramatic than demure. Here’s my pick of the punchiest.
Floral scents? For spring? OK, maybe not so ground-breaking. But there’s a difference with these new launches: they’re punchy rather than pretty – so think musk blends with a dash of petal power, or citrus zing tinged with traditional romantic bloom.
1. Elie Saab Girl of Now Forever
Elie Saab Girl of Now Forever (from £42 for 30ml eau de parfum, debenhams.com) is a light-hearted but confident citrus and raspberry offering with rose, orange blossom and patchouli.
2. Christian Dior Holy Peony
Christian Dior Holy Peony (from £200 for 125ml eau de parfum, dior.com), at the most luxury end of Dior spritzers, is a charming mix of red fruits and apricot rose.
3. Givenchy Live Irrésistible Rosy Crush
Givenchy Live Irrésistible Rosy Crush (from £51 for 30ml eau de parfum, debenhams.com) is the most unapologetically floral of the bunch – its rose notes commune with patchouli and pink pepper.
4. Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey Pure Petale de Nectar
4. Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey Pure Petale de Nectar (from £38 for 30ml eau de toilette, boots.com) is a sweet and fruity pear fragrance with a floral bouquet and sandalwood hit.
5. Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1957
5. Les Exclusifs de Chanel 1957 (from £155 for 75ml eau de parfum, chanel.com) is one of our favourites. It’s a sophisticated blend of soft musks, orange blossom, vanilla and cedar.
Feature by Edwina Ings-Chambers. Beauty assistant: Alice Robertson.